Not only is U Street Corridor parking difficult because of residential permit parking, but there are tons of shops, restaurants, music venues and bars that make street parking even more competitive.
You don’t want to be one of those cars circling endlessly to find a lucky spot. Make sure you read this guide to parking in U street corridor, to take the stress out of your driving experience. Read on for U Street parking advice.
• • •
Best Parking Deals Near U Street Corridor
Finding convenient parking near the U Street Corridor is easy if you know where to look. We’ve highlighted a few of the best deals in the table below so that you can compare options and locations before selecting the best solution for you. Reserve a parking space ahead of time to lock in your price and remove the stress that finding a place to park your car can create.
|Address||Reserve Parking?||Price Range|
|1425 U St NW||Book Now!||$15|
|2200 8th St NW||Book Now!||$10|
|2017 Georgia Ave NW||Book Now!||$15|
|1820 14th St NW||Book Now!||$20|
• • •
U Street Corridor Garage Parking Reservations
Explore U Street Corridor parking options in the map below and use SpotHero to book a guaranteed space ahead of time!
• • •
U Street Corridor Street Parking
- Despite the high concentration of popular restaurants and bars, U Street also falls under zoned metered street parking with varying time and date restrictions that are imposed.
- There are 18,000 on-street metered spaces throughout the District of Columbia. Generally, the meters run from 7am-6:30pm Monday through Saturday; Although, in some areas where there is a high demand, they run until 10pm.
- Metered parking costs $2.30 an hour citywide and requires payment by coins, at the kiosk or by cell phone.
• • •
U Street Corridor Parking Tips
- Do your research ahead of time. U Street Corridor has high popularity especially around common dining hours. If you’re heading somewhere that draws a crowd, it’s good to know your parking options beforehand.
- Always, always look out for signage about parking restrictions when parking on the street. Restrictions typically have to do with weather, time limits, and street cleaning.
- U-street is alays happening! Be sure to check a calender of events, so you can plan ahead for easy parking! Check out @uhalldc for more information about upcoming concerts, or see their twitter feed below!
U Street Corridor Events and Information
• • •
Top U Street Corridor Parking Resources
- SpotHero – book discounted U Street Corridor garage parking online or on your smartphone
- Yelp – read customer reviews of U Street Corridor parking garages
- Parkopedia – compare U Street Corridor parking rates in private garages and on the street
- TripAdvisor – read the advice of TripAdvisor users on parking near the U Street Metro Station
- ParkMe – compare parking rates in U Street Corridor lots and garages, and in other areas of Washington DC
- ParkingSpotter.com – rent, buy and sell U Street Corridor parking options online
- U Street Neighborhood Association – read about the changing U Street parking meter rates and hours
- Atlantic Services Group – this parking company discusses plans to open a parking garage in U Street Corridor
• • •
3 Cheap U Street Corridor Parking Deals
1. 1740 14th Street NW – park at this lot all day for $15 and get in and out privileges for reservations over 24 hours
2. 2041 Georgia Avenue NW – park at this visitors lot for Howard University Hospital for 3 hours for only $6
3. Howard Center Lot (2235 8th Street Northwest, Washington, DC) – park for $8 for the day.