Parking near the National Mall is such a challenge that the National Park Service warns visitors on their website that there are not enough parking spaces near the National Mall to accommodate them all. Don’t be one of those tourists circling for parking for an hour – be prepared!
To make your job easier, we’ve pulled the best National Mall parking deals and advice from the internet and put them on this one page for your convenience. Read on to become a National Mall and DC parking expert!
• • •
Best Parking Deals Near The National Mall
Finding convenient parking near the National Mall is easy if you know where to look. We’ve highlighted a few of the best deals in the table below so that you can compare options and locations before selecting the best solution for you. Reserve a parking space ahead of time to lock in your price and remove the stress that finding a place to park your car can create.
|Address||Reserve Parking?||Price Range||Nearest Attraction|
|601 Pennsylvania Ave NW||Book Now!||$13 weekends / $18 weekdays||National Gallery of Art|
|625 Indiana Ave NW||Book Now!||$10 weekends / $21 weekdays||National Archives Building|
|901 E St NW||Book Now!||$10 weekends / $19 weekdays||Nat’l Museum of American History|
|America’s Square Garage||Book Now!||$7 weekends / $17 weekdays||US Capital Building|
|1331 Pennsylvania Ave NW||Book Now!||$14 weekends / $18 weekdays||The White House|
|Federal Center Plaza||Book Now!||$14 weekends / $21 weekdays||Smithsonian Castle|
|2400 Virginia Ave NW||Book Now!||$10 weekends / $24 weekdays||Lincoln Memorial|
• • •
National Mall Garage Parking Reservations
Explore National Mall DC parking options in the map below and use SpotHero to book a guaranteed space ahead of time!
• • •
National Mall Free Street & Metered Parking
- Street and lot parking in the National Mall and Memorial Parks is unable to accommodate all the visitors the park receives. Throughout downtown Washington, D.C., parking is at a premium.
- Parking garages are available off the National Mall throughout downtown. Limited, free, all-day parking is available along Ohio Drive, SW which is along the Potomac River south of the Lincoln Memorial, and in Lots A, B, and C south of the Thomas Jefferson Memorial.
- There are 18,000 on-street metered spaces throughout the District of Columbia. Generally, the meters run from 7am-6:30pm Monday through Saturday; Although, in some areas where there is a high demand, they run until 10pm. Metered parking costs $2.30 an hour citywide and requires payment by coins, at the kiosk or by cell phone.
• • •
National Mall Parking Tips
- Be mindful that street parking is particularly difficult to find around The National Mall and near the White House, especially during sanctioned events. Make sure to reserve a garage spot ahead of time to save you valuable time and money!
- The highest volume servicing garages are located at The Ronald Reagan International Trade Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. and Union Station, 50 Massachusetts Avenue, NE. Both are a short walk from the main attractions at the mall and host over 2,000 spots. To ensure parking ahead of time, we recommend booking on a third part site such a s SpotHero or Parking Panda in order to maximize your time at the monuments rather than searching for parking!
• • •
Top National Mall Parking Resources
- SpotHero – book discounted parking in lots and garages near the National Mall online or on your smartphone
- National Park Service – read suggestions about where to find parking near the National Mall and other tips
- About.com – read about National Mall parking regulations and recommendations for finding good parking
- The Smithsonian – the Smithsonian website provides information on where to park near their museums
- Parking Panda – reserve parking near the National Mall online
- TripAdvisor – read the advice of TripAdvisor users about parking near the National Mall
- SP+ – this national parking company offers parking in 3 facilities near the National Mall
- NBC – read an article about parking meters at the National Mall
- USATourist.com – read this guide to the National Mall that includes parking advice
• • •
3 Best National Mall Parking Garage Deals
Parking near the National Mall is rare an hard to come by. Below are some garages where you can book a guaranteed spot around a 10-minute walk from the National Mall. Enjoy a quick walk outside and the peace of mind that comes with knowing you will definitely have a parking spot:
• • •
Popular National Mall Attractions
This pool is over 1/3 of a mile long beginning at the steps of the Memorial. The Memorial and Reflecting Pool is a great place for a photo op or to just spend some time outside.
This is the largest museum and research complex in the world with 19 museums and 9 research complexes. There is something for everyone to see here including the air and space and the museum of African Art.
These two buildings sit adjacent from each other with an underground tunnel that runs under 4th street connecting the two buildings. This gallery includes a collection of pre-20th century European art, including Italian, Dutch, Flemish, Spanish, French and British collections.
This monument stands over 550 ft tall at the opposing The Lincoln Memorial at the end of the reflection pool. It is one of the most quintessential DC images and is even more striking in person than it is in pictures.