Georgetown parking is scarce to come by. Located in the northwest quadrant of Washington, DC along the Potomac River, Georgetown host DC’s premium shopping, Georgetown University, and beautifully restored row houses. Georgetown attracts large quantities of both tourists and locals making parking in Georgetown a frustrating and expensive endeavor if you don’t plan ahead.
That’s why we’ve created this guide to the best Georgetown parking secrets to help make your parking experience as smooth as possible! Keep reading for our recommendations for Georgetown garage parking, the best areas to find free street and metered parking, and other Georgetown parking resources. Whether you’re looking to park for just a few hours, commute to the area each day for work, or need a place to keep your car for a weekend, we’ve got you covered.
• • •
Georgetown Parking Deals
Finding convenient parking in Georgetown is easy if you know where to look. We’ve highlighted a few of the best deals in the table below so that you can compare options and locations before selecting the best solution for you. Reserve a parking space ahead of time to lock in your price and remove the stress that finding a place to park your car can create.
|Address||Reserve Parking?||Price Range|
|3307 M St NW||Book Now!||$18 weekdays / $10 weekends|
|3222 M St NW||Book Now!||$18 – 24 hours|
|3251 Prospect St NW||Book Now!||$16 – 12 hours|
|3053 M St NW||Book Now!||$21 – 14 hours|
|3151 K St NW||Book Now!||$20 weekdays / $10 weekends|
|2800 Pennsylvania Ave NW||Book Now!||$20 – 8 hours|
|3215 P St NW||Book Now!||$15 – 16 hours|
• • •
Georgetown Garage Parking Reservations
Explore Georgetown parking options in the map below and use SpotHero to book a guaranteed space ahead of time!
• • •
Georgetown Street Parking Rates & Restrictions
Georgetown Parking Rates: Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. – $2/hour. Payment for on-street parking is not enforced all day on Sundays and holidays.
Georgetown Parking Restrictions: Please note that parking is not permitted Monday through Friday along M Street and on the 1100-1600 blocks of Wisconsin Avenue, NW from 7 to 9:30 a.m. and 4 to 6:30 p.m.
Georgetown Residential Street Parking: On-street parking on residential streets in Georgetown is limited to two hours during hours of operation for vehicles without a Zone 2 Residential Parking Permit.
• • •
Georgetown Parking Tips
- The neighborhood is centered around M Street, which is home to numerous high-end shops, restaurants, and bars. It is mostly residential, so available street parking is sparse.
- Georgetown is also home to many embassies including those of France, Cameroon, Sweden, Thailand, and Ukraine. Diplomats do contribute to the Georgetown traffic parking, so think ahead and reserve a spot ahead of time!
• • •
Best Georgetown Parking Resources
- SpotHero – book discounted parking in Georgetown online or on your smartphone
- GeorgetownDC.com – view a list of Georgetown parking lots and garages as well as additional Georgetown parking information
- Georgetown University – Georgetown University provides visitor parking information on their website
- About.com – read more about Georgetown parking lots and garages, including their addresses
- Yelp – read customer reviews of Georgetown parking lot and garage companies
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital – the hospital provides parking discounts to patients and their families, more info can be found on their website
- Parking Panda – reserve Georgetown garage parking online.
- Georgetown Patch – get more information about Georgetown parking garages including their location
• • •
Parking Near Top Georgetown Attractions
The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal was initially constructed to ship tobacco to Western Maryland, but the land alongside this 184.5 mile stretch of water is now the perfect place to enjoy nature near DC. When the weather is nice you will find people camping and cycling along the entire length of the river. During the winter months, C&O Canal National Historic Park is a great place to hike or cross country ski. If you’re in Georgetown, check out the park any time of year! Book discounted parking near C&O Canal National Historic Park here.
This National Park, located in the Potomac River provides 88.5 acres to explore various trails and a memorial plaza featuring a statue of Roosevelt. No cars or bikes are allowed on the island but there are many walking trails throughout. If you are looking to escape the city, try spending some time on Theodore Roosevelt Island for a change of pace. Book discounted parking near Theodore Roosevelt Island here.
Georgetown is home to one of the best private research universities in the country – Georgetown University. The university boasts impressive student groups, athletic teams and academic opportunities. Even if you are not interested in attending Georgetown University, the campus is a beautiful area to spend a few hours walking around. Book discounted parking near Georgetown University here.
Dumbarton Oaks is a historic estate in Georgetown that has a 50-acre property filled with curated landscape architecture. The property was donated to Harvard University along with a Byzantine and Pre-Colombian art collection. You can take guided tours of some rooms in the manor house or just spend time lounging outside in the beautiful sculpture-filled gardens. Book discounted parking near Dumbarton Oaks here.
• • •
Popular Georgetown Hotels
Traveling to the Georgetown neighborhood in DC? Here is a list of hotels in Georgetown, some include parking!