When visiting the Chinatown in DC – from its architecture to signs to food, you will feel like you were truly transported. Experience the rich culture and history that Chinatown has to offer without worrying about competing for street parking.
You don’t have to do it alone – we’ve searched the internet for the best Chinatown (and nearby Gallery Place) parking information and made this complete guide to make your job easier! Read on for more parking tips and tricks for this area of Washington D.C.
• • •
5 Chinatown/Gallery Place Parking Deals
1. 977 G Pl. NW – park in this garage for $17 a day
2. 610 9th Street NW – this garage offers parking for $16 a day
3. 901 5th Street NW – park in this self-park lot all day for $10
4. 500 H St. NW Valet – use this valet location for $10 all day
5. 945 G Place NW – this garage offers all-day parking for $17
Chinatown DC Garage Parking Reservations
Explore Chinatown parking options in the map below and use SpotHero to book a guaranteed space ahead of time!
• • •
Chinatown Street Parking
- Rush hour restrictions are strictly enforced between the hours of 7 and 9:30 a.m., and from 4 to 6:30 p.m. All meters are enforced Monday-Saturday.
- Free on-street parking is subject to availability and restricted to two hours.
• • •
Chinatown Parking Tips
- Be mindful that street parking is particularly difficult to find around times of events and games at Capitol One Arena and during holiday shopping season at Gallery Place. Make sure to reserve a garage spot ahead of time to save yourself valuable time and money!
- There are high volume garages available through Chinatown on the corner of H St NW and 6th St NW and TechWorld at the intersection of K St NW and 7th St NW.
• • •
Capitol One Arena Parking
Directions to the Capitol One Arena
Click “Directions” in the top left of the map below for the quickest route to the Capitol One Arena.
Capitol One Arena Events
Check out the official twitter feed from the Capitol One Arena events to stay up to date on parking deals and crowds!
• • •
Top Parking Resources
- SpotHero – book discounted Chinatown parking in lots and garages online or from your smartphone
- SP+ – this national parking company offer parking in 5 facilities near Chinatown
- TripAdvisor – read the advice of TripAdvisor users about parking in Chinatown during the evening
- City Center Parking Lot (Yelp) – read customer reviews of the City Center Parking Lot near Chinatown
- LivingInWashingtonDC.com – read this guide to living in Chinatown which includes information about parking there
- Parking Panda – reserve parking in Chinatown lots and garages online
- ParkMe – compare parking rates in parking lots and garages in Chinatown
- ParkingSpotter – buy, rent and sell Chinatown parking spot
• • •
Top Area Attractions
Located in Penn Quarter, this gallery tells the story of The United States through the people who have shaped it. From heroes to foes, to poets to presidents, The Smithsonian’s National Portrait Gallery offers a unique take on our country’s history.
Book discounted parking near the National Portrait Gallery here.
Smack dab in the center of downtown DC is the Verizon Center. Not only home to the Washington Wizards, the 220,000 seat area boasts an average of 220 event per year. After an event, be sure to grab a bite to eat and something to drink in many restaurants surrounding the Verizon Center.
Book discounted parking near the Verizon Center here.
Known for it’s rich Chinese culture, Chinatown DC entertains locals and visitors with its large choice of restaurants, hotels, nightclubs, museums, theaters, and shopping. Experience Chinatown all year around and be sure
Book discounted parking near Chinatown here.