Georgetown is located in the northwest quadrant of Washington, DC along the Potomac River. As home to Georgetown University, DC’s premium shopping and beautifully restored row houses, Georgetown attracts large quantities of both tourists and locals. Georgetown parking can be quite difficult with people driving from surrounding areas to check out the unique attractions. That’s why we’ve created this guide to the best Georgetown parking secrets to help make your parking experience as smooth as possible!
• • •
Georgetown Online Parking Reservations
Explore Georgetown parking options in the map below and use SpotHero to book a guaranteed space ahead of time!
• • •
Georgetown Street Parking Rates & Restrictions
Georgetown Parking Rates: Monday through Saturday from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m. – $2/hour. Payment for on-street parking is not enforced all day on Sundays and holidays.
Georgetown Parking Restrictions: Please note that parking is not permitted Monday through Friday along M Street and on the 1100-1600 blocks of Wisconsin Avenue, NW from 7 to 9:30 a.m. and 4 to 6:30 p.m.
Georgetown Residential Street Parking: On-street parking on residential streets in Georgetown is limited to two hours during hours of operation for vehicles without a Zone 2 Residential Parking Permit.
• • •
Georgetown Parking Tips
- The neighborhood is centered around M Street, which is home to numerous high-end shops, restaurants, and bars. It is mostly residential, so available street parking is sparse.
- Georgetown is also home to many embassies including those of France, Cameroon, Sweden, Thailand, and Ukraine. Diplomats do contribute to the Georgetown traffic parking, so think ahead and reserve a spot ahead of time!
• • •
Best Georgetown Parking Resources
- SpotHero – book discounted parking in Georgetown online or on your smartphone
- GeorgetownDC.com – view a list of Georgetown parking lots and garages as well as additional Georgetown parking information
- Georgetown University – Georgetown University provides visitor parking information on their website
- About.com – read more about Georgetown parking lots and garages, including their addresses
- BestParking.com – compare Georgetown parking rates in lots and garages online
- Yelp – read customer reviews of Georgetown parking lot and garage companies
- MedStar Georgetown University Hospital – the hospital provides parking discounts to patients and their families, more info can be found on their website
- Parking Panda – reserve Georgetown garage parking online
- Georgetown Patch – get more information about Georgetown parking garages including their location
• • •
Top Georgetown Attractions
The Chesapeake and Ohio Canal was initially constructed to ship tobacco to Western Maryland, but the land alongside this 184.5 mile stretch of water is now the perfect place to enjoy nature near DC. When the weather is nice you will find people camping and cycling along the entire length of the river. During the winter months, C&O Canal National Historic Park is a great place to hike or cross country ski. If you’re in Georgetown, check out the park any time of year! Book discounted parking near C&O Canal National Historic Park here.
This National Park, located in the Potomac River provides 88.5 acres to explore various trails and a memorial plaza featuring a statue of Roosevelt. No cars or bikes are allowed on the island but there are many walking trails throughout. If you are looking to escape the city, try spending some time on Theodore Roosevelt Island for a change of pace. Book discounted parking near Theodore Roosevelt Island here.
Georgetown is home to one of the best private research universities in the country – Georgetown University. The university boasts impressive student groups, athletic teams and academic opportunities. Even if you are not interested in attending Georgetown University, the campus is a beautiful area to spend a few hours walking around. Book discounted parking near Georgetown University here.
Dumbarton Oaks is a historic estate in Georgetown that has a 50-acre property filled with curated landscape architecture. The property was donated to Harvard University along with a Byzantine and Pre-Colombian art collection. You can take guided tours of some rooms in the manor house or just spend time lounging outside in the beautiful sculpture-filled gardens. Book discounted parking near Dumbarton Oaks here.
• • •
Popular Georgetown Hotels
Traveling to the Georgetown neighborhood in DC? Here is a list of hotels in Georgetown
- Four Seasons Hotel – book discounted overnight hotel parking here
- Georgetown Inn – spend less than the drive-up rate on hotel parking here
- Georgetown Suites – save up to $15 on hotel parking here
- The Graham Georgetown
- The Ritz-Carlton Hotel Georgetown – save $20+ on hotel parking here