If you are a DC resident you know that parking near the Federal Triangle can be difficult. The triangular area contained by 15th Street NW, Constitution Avenue NW, Pennsylvania Avenue NW, and E Street NW is home to 10 federal buildings that are also tourist destinations due to their historic architectural designation. If you are a tourist and didn’t know Federal Triangle parking was difficult – now you do! But don’t worry, we’ve made this complete guide to Federal Triangle parking to help you out. Read on for more information.
• • •
• • •
Federal Triangle Street Parking
- There is little to no street parking in the Federal Triangle area due to a high volume of government buildings and traffic.
- There are, however, 18,000 on-street metered spaces scattered throughout the District of Columbia. Generally, the meters run from 7am-6:30pm Monday through Saturday; Although, in some areas where there is a high demand, they run until 10pm. Metered parking costs $2.30 an hour citywide and requires payment by coins, at the kiosk or by cell phone.
• • •
Federal Triangle Parking Tips
- One of the highest volume servicing garages is located in the Federal Triangle at The Ronald Reagan International Trade Building, 1300 Pennsylvania Ave. NW. Located only a short walk away from the main attractions at The National Mall and Federal buildings, the garage is an excellent option. It also host over 2,000 spots, making parking easy and convenient.
- To ensure parking ahead of time, we recommend booking on a third part site such a s SpotHero or Parking Panda in order to maximize your time at the monuments rather than searching for parking!
• • •
Top Federal Triangle Parking Resources
- SpotHero – book discounted Federal Triangle parking in lots and garages online or on your smartphone
- Yelp – read customer reviews of Federal Triangle parking facilities
- Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Authority – the WMATA gives transportation information about the Federal Triangle Metro Station
- ParkatmyHouse – reserve a parking spot at someone’s house near Federal Triangle
- ParkWhiz – reserve a parking spot in a garage near the Federal Triangle Metro Station
- The Washington Post Going Out Guide – read the Washington Post’s guide to the Federal Triangle Metro Station
- Wikipedia – read more general information about Federal Triangle on Wikipedia
- DCUrbanMom.com – read a forum on parking near Federal Triangle
- LivingInWashingtonDC.com – read this guide for more information about the Federal Triangle Metro Station
• • •
5 Great Federal Triangle Parking Deals
Note that the parking rates listed below are full a full day of parking. You can specify your timing on the site to change the rate.
1. 500 12th Street NW – park in this garage for $19 all day
2. 1220 E Street NW – park in this valet garage all day for $23
3. 424 11th Street NW – park in this Federal Triangle garage for $20 a day
4. 610 12th Street NW – park at this garage all day for $20
5. 901 E Street NW – park at this valet for $19 a day